POSTED BY on 6:51 AM under ,
I've said it before and I'll say it again -- I'm not big on Charismatic things. It's not that I have anything against it (per se), it's simply not a big part of my spirituality. Perhaps I have an excessive bias against it because of the free-love hand-holding social-justice-without-the-Gospel hippies I've seen who recommend it so highly. Whatever the reason, it's just not my bag. Maybe God will grant me a special grace to see the outpouring of His Spirit differently, as authentic Charisms are clearly Biblical and have every place in the Church.

...but that's just me. Others see things differently. So here's the talk:

The Charismatic Renewal

mp3

Deacon Tom Vicknair

11/02/05

1 comments so far:
    Mary W. September 8, 2012 at 5:33 PM , said...

    Oh my goodness. Your assessment of the Charismatic renewal is one of a narrow view of a small portion of that movement in the 70's. True, there was some of what you described in the early days of the Charismatic renewal. But to be fair, when you think Charismatic renewal, you would better think of its lasting fruits, for example the Franciscan University of Steubenville. And then there's Ralph Martin a long time EWTN show host, the author of the Fulfillment of All Desire (about the great mystic doctors of the Church), and a recent appointee to the Pontifical Council for the New Evangelization. His spirituality was born and still remains charismatic. Charismatic is above all about unleashing the life of the Holy Spirit within the soul, and who would not want that?

     

Copyright Sonitus Sanctus | Using the GreenTech Theme | Bloggerized by Falcon Hive.com